Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The C.A.R.R.I.E. System

Ladies and gentlemen, there is a careful, systemic approach that has allowed me to become the unpredictable, infamous manic pixie dream girl from Hell that I am today. Behold, the powerful, traumatic, shit-storm of a routine I'm calling the C.A.R.R.I.E. System.


C onnect intimately based on fears and insecurities by end of first date.
A ccentuate the desirable, hide the undesirable, portray self as ideal partner.
R ecognize sexual proclivities & coquettishly present them as own.
R eact to perceived or anticipated rejection by aggressive counter-rejection.
I  nitiate seemingly endless cycles of intense idealization and devaluation.
E mpathize strategically for total emotional, mental, and sexual control.



WARNING: Employing the C.A.R.R.I.E. System may cause side-effects in partner(s), including but not limited to major depression, anxiety, unstable sense of self, new-found fear of relationships, chipped shoulders, wounded egos, damaged psyches, and a butt-load of cautionary tales for friends, family, coworkers, and complete strangers who still believe in love.

1 comment:

  1. The C.A.R.R.I.E. system sounds an awful lot like Borderline Personality Disorder. You should know that I am not judging. I don't do that, I'm an INFP. And also I like you.

    ReplyDelete