Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Late Night Screams & Fungus Dreams


At five to two, I ate the ‘shrooms
And locked myself inside these rooms
They’re cheap,” he said, and licked his lips,
Dan’s always up for fungus trips.

I want to feel my sight and sound,
I want to float up off the ground,
And now my lips, a crusted frown
One eye perks up, and one sags down

At first we laugh so much it stings,
And soon we see all kinds of things.
The walls inside my dorm room shake
The veins inside my arms look fake.

Let’s go outside!” my girlfriend yells:
A rush of sights and sounds and smells.
But then it’s dark, and I can’t bear
It seems I’m trapped in a nightmare.

Out of the Earth, depression grows,
Who’s got the weed? Nobody knows.
Maybe one day I’ll have my fill
Of man-made thrill inside a pill,

Of torn-up jeans and shady scenes,
Of late-night screams and fungus dreams.
But never now, I’m not done yet,
Sniff, swallow, cut, burn, to forget.

The things that keep me up at night,
That make me cry, block out the light
The fear is back, I don’t know how,
And all I seem to know is now

The monsters came to me today
I wish, I wish they’d go away.


COPYRIGHT 2009 CARRIE-LYNNE DAVIS

No comments:

Post a Comment